We are really excited to announce our August Member of the Month - Ashley Bulkowski. Ash (how we like to call her) has been a member for a 3 years now and keep counting. She is that type of person that is very serious about her fitness and health and that;s why why she's been attending regularly her sessions for the past 3 years.
As a thank you for being such an awesome client and for winning Member of the Month, Ashley receives a Massage Gift Certificate as well as a spot on our blog.
Check out Ashle's video below and be sure to congratulate her with a great comment in the COMMENTS section below and give her a high five when you see her at the gym!
We really appreciate you Ash!
1. What do you do for a living?
Digital Media Sales.
2. How long have you been a member of Chicago Fit Performance?
3. Tell us about your fitness background?
My whole life was spent playing sports. Tennis, Swimming, Skiing, Crew you name it, I probably played it. So I spent my summers growing up at different tennis camps and then coached High School Girls tennis. in college. Fitness has always been a part of my life, when i played sports. But when i got older and it was harder to find Lme to play sports, i got lazy and found the gym boring. CFP changed that, because its not a gym, its a lifestyle with new exercises, new people and a general commitment from everyone.
4. Take us back to your first workout with CFP... what was it, and how did it feel?
I felt sore and Lred and I had no idea what to expect.
5. What do you like the most about CFP and why do you think our program works?
I love the people, the moLvaLon, and the family atmosphere. I’ve been seeing some of the same people almost every week day for 3 years. Its a great feeling.
6. When did you realize that Chicago Fit Performance was right for you?
When I started waking up early without nothing to do, but head to the gym.
7. What is your favorite/least favorite workout exercise?
My favorite workouts would be the Hard Core or the workout’s with lots of Cardio exercises.
8. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting Chicago Fit Performance (before/after)?
Before staring at CFP, I used every excuse in the book not to exercise. Now, I can’t imagine my days without my morning CFP workouts. It's the best start to my day. I’ve always played sports and exercised, but I never pushed myself to run races, or events, or wake up at 6:00am to head to the gym. I’ve been also more awake at work during the day. I signed up and completed Tough Mudder, Urbanathalon and several other races in Chicago and I’ve made some great new friends.
9. What do you think about the trainers and the staff at CFP?
10. How would you describe yourself in one word?
11. What is your greatest strength/weakness?
Greatest strength - pushing myself to do things that others tell me can’t (or won’t be) easily accomplished.
Greatest weakness - not paying atention to the demonstration of the exercises in the morning.
12. What is your favorite healthy food & “cheat” food?
Helthy food - Salmon or some sort of white fish and vegetables.
Cheat food - anything with Buffalo Sauce .
13. What is something that we don’t know about you? (Your hobbies, interesting fact, accomplishment you are proud of, obscure/unique talent, funny story, etc.)
When i’m not exercising, i spent Lme paddle boarding, walking my two dogs (Koura and Bailey) and finding new recipes to makes (this week I learned how to Pickle Cucumbers).
14. Do you have any advice for people just getting started at Chicago Fit Performance?
Just do it! The first week or two will be difficult, especially if you’re not a morning person, but you’ll re-train your body to wake up early and it will start happening naturally. You’ll start seeing results, feeling beTer and more awake during the day and you’ll meet some super great people with similar goals/interests/hobbies and stories. I would recommend CFP to anyone looking to make a life change.
*Each month at Chicago Fit Performance we are selecting a Member of the Month. This person will be selected based on a variety of criteria ranging from accountability, motivation, team spirit, results, and more... You can get more details on how you can qualify for Member of the Month by visiting this page =>HERE<=