We are really excited to announce our October Member of the Month - Michael Burke. Mike has been a member for a over 2.5 years and keep counting. Mike almost never misses a workout and he's one of those guys who always gives 100% while at the gym.
Along with getting stronger Mike has lost over 35 lbs and 5% body fat since he joined Chicago Fit Performance.
As a thank you for being such an awesome client and for winning Member of the Month, Mike receives a Massage Gift Certificate as well as a spot on our blog.
Check out Michaels's video above and be sure to congratulate him with a great comment in the COMMENTS section below and give him a high five when you see him at the gym next time!
We really appreciate you Mike!
1. What do you do for a living?
I'm a marketing manager for a beer distribution company.
2. How long have you been a member of Chicago Fit Performance?
2 ½ years.
3. Tell us about your fitness background?
In high school I was in the football, basketball and the golf team and in college I was actually in the golf team in University of Wisconsin.
4. Take us back to your first workout with CFP... what was it, and how did it feel?
I was a little nervous about my first workout because I knew that I was out of shape. Although I was running back then I knew I was in for a different type of workout. The first couple weeks were a little tough but the team here at Chicago Fit Performance was really good and after the first month was great.
5. What do you like the most about CFP and why do you think our program works?
It's a great gym because the coaches are really hands on. It's anice small group setting and you never feel that you are out there alone and the trainers are always there to help you along and are making sure you that you always do the exercises in a proper manner.
6. When did you realize that Chicago Fit Performance was right for you?
After the first couple months I started to see difference in my body shape. While running I could feel my enduranse was increasing and I was getting stronger.
7. What is your favorite workout or exercise?
My strongest attribute is anything cardio related. As far as favorite exersice over time I have conveted over burpees so ut has to be burpees if you can belive that.
8. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting Chicago Fit Performance (before/after)?
I have lost up to date 35 lbs and 5% body fat. Whan I started the first thing that I have noticed is that my clothes started fitting better and over time I had to buy new clothes becuasde the old one were too big andf they didn't fit anymore. I have a lot more muscle tone, especially in my upper body and my arms. I have a lot more ebergy now than I had before. My sleeping patterns have increased too and I grt more restful sleep now. Also on the days that I workout I've noticed that I'm able to go through the day a lot easier woth more endurance and stamina.
9. What do you think about the trainers and the staff at CFP?
The coaches are great! They are alwyas there for you. There have been a few times I was traveling and I texted either Kosta or Joe and the have always gotten back to me with a nice workout rejimen to follow so I can stay on track with my fitness. Overall they are really helpful and you can tell they really care!
10. How would you describe yourself in one word?
11. What is your greatest strength/weakness?
Greatest strength - cardio
Greatest weakness - anything shoulder exercise due to my previous sholder injury/surgery.
12. What is your favorite healthy food & “cheat” food?
Helthy food - grilled vegitables.
Cheat food - beer (hey I'm in the beer business).
13. What is something that we don’t know about you? (Your hobbies, interesting fact, accomplishment you are proud of, obscure/unique talent, funny story, etc.)
I'm an avid golfer, love to ski and I really enjoy the great live music scene here in the city of Chicago.
14. Do you have any advice for people that are on the fence of joining Chicago Fit Performance?
Jump on in the water is nice. You'll be happy that you did and you'll see the same reults I did if you stick with it.
*Each month at Chicago Fit Performance we are selecting a Member of the Month. This person will be selected based on a variety of criteria ranging from accountability, motivation, team spirit, results, and more... You can get more details on how you can qualify for Member of the Month by visiting this page =>HERE<=