We are really excited to announce our last Member of the Month for 2014 - Kelly Baruch. Kelly has been a member for almost 3 years (with 6 months break). Kelly is a type of a girl that never holds back. She's always coming at 5:30 am in the morning ready to crush her workout.
Over the years she has gotten super strong to the point that she even scares me sometimes :)!
As a thank you for being such an awesome client and for winning Member of the Month, Kelly receives a Gift Certificate for a massage as well as a spot on our blog.
Check out Kelly's video above and be sure to congratulate her with a great comment in the COMMENTS section below and give her a high five next time you see her at the gym!
We really appreciate you Kelly!
1. What do you do for a living?
I manage a buying team for a hardware co-op.
2. How long have you been a member of Chicago Fit Performance?
Total - about 2.5 years. I took a 6 month hiatus a year ago and found my way back to CFP after running an urbanathalon with a CFP member.
3. Tell us about your fitness background?
I have been in sports all my life. I grew up playing soccer, basketball, and swimming. I played club water polo at the University of Wisconsin.
4. Take us back to your first workout with CFP... what was it, and how did it feel?
I was anti- group workouts. My roommate found CFP and encouraged me to come with her to the first workout. I found out that group workouts aren’t like the old day aerobic classes. It was hard, and the people there were great.
5. What do you like the most about CFP and why do you think our program works?
The friends that I have made through CFP. The 5:30am crew is a unique group of like-minded individuals who work hard and hold each other accountable.
6. When did you realize that Chicago Fit Performance was right for you?
While I was running an 11 mile obstacle course race and enjoying it.
7. What is your favorite workout or exercise?
I love Tabata days - fast circuits and cardio finishers.
8. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting Chicago Fit Performance (before/after)?
Days I work out in the morning I am more even keeled and have an easier time concentrating and getting straight to work. My team jokes that they can tell when I don’t work out before work. My routine for the last 2 years starts with a 5 am wake up call - so mornings I’m not at CFP I am at another gym hitting the treadmill.
Another thing that was totally unexpected when I started CFP is the friendships formed at the gym. The group of 5:30 am crazies - Arianna, Julie, Mike, Jen, and KJ make me feel like my lifestyle is completely normal. I know I always have a friend who will run a half marathon with me on a whim or grab a Sunday brunch.
9. What do you think about the trainers and the staff at CFP?
Kosta, Joe and the rest of the staff really care about you and are dedicated to helping you meet your fitness and life goals. They are pumped to see you at the crack of dawn.
10. How would you describe yourself in one word?
11. What is your greatest strength/weakness?
Greatest strength - my competitive spirit.
Greatest weakness - my impatience.
12. What is your favorite healthy food & “cheat” food?
Helthy food - salmon and quinoa.
Cheat food - is pizza - or anything with melted cheese.
13. What is something that we don’t know about you? (Your hobbies, interesting fact, accomplishment you are proud of, obscure/unique talent, funny story, etc.)
I met my fiancé while lifeguarding and teaching a swim team at a country club in college.
14. Do you have any advice for people that are on the fence of joining Chicago Fit Performance?
CFP is not your typical snooty Lincoln Park gym - it’s a friendly private type gym without the arrogance and attitude that come with other high intensity circuit training classes. Be prepared to sweat a lot and make new lifelong friends.
*Each month at Chicago Fit Performance we are selecting a Member of the Month. This person will be selected based on a variety of criteria ranging from accountability, motivation, team spirit, results, and more... You can get more details on how you can qualify for Member of the Month by visiting this page =>HERE<=