KJ - January Member Of The Month
We are really excited to announce our first Member of the Month for 2015 - Kathy Jo (a.k.a. KJ). KJ has been a member for 3 years.
As a thank you for being such an awesome client and for winning Member of the Month, KJ receives a Massage Gift Certificate as well as a spot on our blog.
Check out KJ's video above and be sure to congratulate her with a great comment in the COMMENTS section below and give her a high five next time you see her at the gym!
We really appreciate you KJ!
1. What do you do for a living?
I lead a team of incredibly talented people to provide wire and cable solutions for portable power and low voltage applications.
2. How long have you been a member of Chicago Fit Performance?
3. Tell us about your fitness background?
I was always active growing up, then when I went to college, I realized I needed to start a workout routine....aerobics, running, biking. I didn't start any real strength training until CFP.
4. Take us back to your first workout with CFP... what was it, and how did it feel?
It was incredibly challenging. I did Insanity and this was every bit as challenging....but it was also fun because of the people to workout with... 5. What do you like the most about CFP and why do you think our program works?
Encouragement and accountability. It's not a competitive environment, rather, it's a very encouraging atmosphere. We laugh at our T-Rex arms, encourage each other to do just one more rep, high five in the middle of changing stations, hold each other accountable to be there, to do our best, and to have fun.
6. When did you realize that Chicago Fit Performance was right for you?
When I hurt my knee and had to take off 8 weeks....I really missed my workouts, but I missed my workout buddies. Even when I wasn't here, there were friends who checked in on me, encouraged me to stay positive, and I really did look forward to coming back.
7. What is your favorite workout or exercise?
Tabata and push-ups.
8. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting Chicago Fit Performance (before/after)?
More toned all over, stronger and healthier. I feel better now than I did when I turned 40. Also I have made some incredible friendships! Kelly, Arianna, Julie! I joined CFP because of the 5:30am class....I stayed with CFP because I enjoy working out with the 5:30 crew.
9. What do you think about the trainers and the staff at CFP?
They really care, in the gym and outside the gym. they coach us, push us, but also know how to lighten up with a little humor.
10. How would you describe yourself in one word?
11. What is your greatest strength/weakness?
Greatest strength - positive outlook. Greatest weakness - Too hard on myself
12. What is your favorite healthy food & “cheat” food?
Helthy food - Honeys crisp apples.
Cheat food - jelly bellies
13. What is something that we don’t know about you? (Your hobbies, interesting fact, accomplishment you are proud of, obscure/unique talent, funny story, etc.)
I have a beautiful grand-daughter named Joanna.I
14. Do you have any advice for people that are on the fence of joining Chicago Fit Performance?
Try it, you'll like it. But don't try to do what everyone else does, just do your best.
*Each month at Chicago Fit Performance we are selecting a Member of the Month. This person will be selected based on a variety of criteria ranging from accountability, motivation, team spirit, results, and more... You can get more details on how you can qualify for Member of the Month by visiting this page =>HERE<=